If you have shorter hair and every day you dream of having hair that’s long and luscious, then hair extensions are a true game changer for you. But the market is filled with multiple choices. Choosing the right hair extension can be overwhelming and tiring as well. The two choices that come up with the popular hair extensions are tape-in extensions and clip-in extensions. In this blog, we will discover all the good and the bad about these hair extensions and which factors to choose the best hair extensions for short hair.
Short hair is great, But!
Short hair can provide a great style and a look that some people love, but there are certain times when you crave a hairstyle with flowing long locks. For that purpose, choose a hair extension. Among the plethora of extensions, the major two that stand out for you are Clip-in extensions and tape-in extensions. Both extensions serve a different purpose and make it suitable for specific needs.
What are Clip-in extensions?
Now, let’s look at Clip-in extensions. So, what are clip-in extensions? The Clip-in extensions are temporary extensions made from hair that can be attached and removed easily and directly from your natural hair. They are called clip-in extensions because they have a weft of hair with small clips that will get attached to your natural hair.
You can easily blend the Clip-in extensions to your hair at different locations accordingly and get the desired length and volume.
Benefits of clip-in hair extensions for short hair:
These are some of the benefits of Clip-in Hair extensions:
- Easy application: The clip-in extensions are simple and easy to use. They can be attached to your natural hair in some time and you don’t need any professional assistance in that process.
- Versatility: These extensions provide versatility in different styling aspects. You have to experiment with the different volumes and lengths. You can get the long hair look the way you desire with clip-in hair extensions.
- Low maintenance: These hair extensions require just general maintenance and can be easily maintained compared to other types of hair extensions. You just have to remove these extensions before showering and sleeping and preserving the quality.
What are tape-in hair extensions?
These are the type of hair extensions that can be considered semi-permanent hair extensions and needs a professional stylist for application of these extensions. They consist of an adhesive strip of tape at the top followed by wefts of hair. These hair extensions are attached through the use of pressure and heat on your natural hair.
Benefits of tape-in hair extensions for short hair
- Natural Look: These Tape-in extensions provide a true-to-life natural appearance and these can easily blend with your hair. This is important for women with short hair, as any detail or change in hair discrepancy is noticeable.
- Longevity: These Tape-in extensions can last for a long time with the proper care and maintenance. This is a great option for a woman who wants a long-term solution.
- Lightweight: The tape-in extensions are lightweight and won’t weigh down your short hair, ensuring comfort throughout the day.
Tape-in extensions Drawbacks
There are minor drawbacks that you should look into:
- Professionals required: You need a professional stylist to apply the tape-in hair extensions. This can further increase the initial cost of these hair extensions.
- Less flexibility: As the tape-in hair extensions are semi-permanent, you can just get and install a new extension if you want.
Factors for considering for short hair
When deciding between the two hair extensions and whether you should choose clip-in hair extensions or tape-in hair extensions, consider these points and you will clear your confusion:
1. Thickness and Texture of Hair
The thickness of hair and texture of your natural hair is the main deciding factor for choosing the right hair extension. If you have thin hair then clip-in hair extensions will serve the purpose much better for you. If you have thicker hair, then go for tape-in hair extensions for seamless blending with your natural hair.
If you want a low-maintenance option that you can remove according to your needs and whenever you want, then you should go for clip-in hair extensions.
Clip-in hair extensions will be a better option for you if you want a budget-friendly option as they don’t need any professional installation. On the other part, tape-in hair extensions require a full application by a stylist and that adds to the cost of tape-in hair extensions.
Choosing the Best Option with Expert Advice
When you are selecting the Best hair extension for short hair you should consider the expert advice from professional hair stylists. After your hair evaluation, they can recommend the best option based on your hair and style preferences. Here are some points to consider when choosing the right hair extension:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with your hair expert and discuss your goals for your new style or extensions.
- Quality matters: Always invest in hair extensions that are high quality and made from human hair.
- Maintenance routine: Discuss the maintenance procedure for the chosen extensions and ensure that you follow this procedure.
- Budget planning: When choosing the hair extensions, consider your budget for not only the initial purchase of the hair extensions but also for the care and maintenance of the extensions.
Also Read - How to buy human hair extensions on the budget
How to care for short hair extensions
Take these measures to care for hair extensions:
- Brushing: Always use a soft brush for detangling hair extensions. Use the comb from the top and then go towards the roots.
- Shampoo & Conditioning: Use gentle shampoos and conditioners that are sulphate-free. Avoid the conditioner at the roots in tape-in extensions.
- Minimize heat: Limit the use of any heat styling tool to cause any type of heat damage. Use a heat protectant spray when using these tools.
- Securing on the bed: If you opt for clip-in extensions, remove these extensions before sleeping to save them from detangling.
- Regular Maintenance: Schedule appointments regularly with your hair expert to make the extensions stay in place and look the best they are.
ConclusionIn searching for finding the best hair extensions for short hair both the tape-in and clip-in hair extensions provide unique advantages. It’s on you to decide based on your natural hair and your styling needs, which one you choose. Whether you are choosing different types of clip-in hair extensions or tape-in extensions comes down to your hair needs. Choose one today and get the look you desire.