I’m sure you might have tried all kinds of ‘miracle’ oils, fancy treatments, spa sessions etc. While these help to a certain extent, they don’t solve the problem and help you find a long term solution. But don’t worry, that’s why we are here today.
As cliche as it sounds, sometimes, answers to all your problems are in your kitchen. Indian kitchens are so rich in spices, vitamins, minerals, etc that every ingredient has something to offer to your hair. (Of course, don’t use mirchi powder :p)
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s help you discover some of the most awesome sauce hair oils you can create using the ingredients in your kitchen.
The Never-Failing Onion Oil
Onion is known to be rich in sulphur which is the superpower your hair needs to grow faster and to prevent breakage. So hair oil made using onion can be the perfect remedy for your hair fall.How do you make it?
- Chop two large onions into small slices
- Take a litre of coconut oil and add to a pan
- Once the oil heats up, add these onions to it
- Let it cook on low flame for about 30 minutes
- You will see that the onions have turned dark brown
- Turn the gas off and let the oil cool down
- Sieve it and store it in a bottle
Source: BBC Good Food
Apply this oil to your hair twice a week, leave it on for an hour and wash your hair after. You might smell like biryani, but trust us the oil is a magic potion and is totally worth it!
The Humble Hibiscus Oil
Yellow, red, pink and white. With so many colours to offer, Hibiscus is a hero in any garden. But its benefits don’t end just there. Hibiscus is great for making your hair silky and voluminous. Loaded with Vitamin A, C and other minerals, Hibiscus oil is capable of putting an end to all your hair woes.How to make it?
- Take a cup of Hibiscus petals and leaves. Wash them with cold water and dry them in the sun
- Take a pan of add half cup of organic coconut oil and half cup of almond oil
- Once it comes to boil, add the petals and the leaves
- Let it heat for 10 minutes and turn the stove off
- Once it cools down, strain it and store it a bottle
Apply this an hour before you take a head bath and see the magic.
Pro-tip: Heat up the oil just a little bit before you apply it on your hair for best results!
The Ayurvedic Aloe Vera Oil
How to make it?
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf, slice it into half and extract the pulp
- Add it to organic coconut oil and heat it for 7 minutes. The Aloe Vera and the oil should be in a 50:50 proportion
- Let it cool down and add a few drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Store it a bottle and apply it once every week
This oil will definitely make you fall in love with your hair! So what are you waiting for? Go on and get the oils heated! In the mean time, don't forget to check out the wide range of hair extensions at 1 Hair Stop that will help you boost your confidence instantly.